Being a leader often means that you are adept in problem-solving, communication, decision-making, strategy, innovation, creativity, empathy, decisiveness, and integrity. Eagle Health, LLC, a Cape Fox Corporation (CFC) subsidiary stands out not just for its capabilities in Occupation health, health and wellness services, and professional services, but because of the team that stands behind Eagle Health. We employ leaders who often take the initiative and strive for excellence and success. One such employee, Sara Nettleton, was recently spotlighted with a Cape Fox Tinàa Award for Employee Excellence for her contributions. Sara has stood out for her exceptional work, her positive attitude, and her willingness to excel and get the job done. Eagle Health is proud to present her with a Tinàa Award. This award is bestowed upon employees who demonstrate dedication, performance, dependability, productivity, and attitude.
Sara is a Management and Program Analyst supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Management Critical Coordination Structure (M/CCS). She has worked with the Eagle Health team since January 2023. Her duties require her to analyze, evaluate, and recommend new or modified management policies, regulations, processes, and procedures. She determines policy compliance with USAID and other federal regulations, provides recommendations on alignment, and researches complex USAID administrative regulations and policies. She also drafts key messages for presentations, newsletters, notices, memoranda, talking points, and website content and anticipates ongoing and ad-hoc policy needs. She also contributes to the design and execution of strategies associated with policy updates, roll out of new tools, etc., across Agency operating units, including HQ and overseas missions, and provides analytical support to M/CCS.
Since joining Eagle Health, Sara has led many high-level projects with Agency-wide visibility. Sara remains a steadfast, committed employee who often leads through creativity and innovation, and it has not gone unnoticed. Several examples of her exceptional work include:
- Developing the Test, Training, and Exercise scheduling tool to allow Missions to share their long-term schedules with Washington and each other.
- Co-authoring the ADS 530 Mandatory Reference: Standard Operating Procedures for Emergency and Crisis Management for Non-American Staff and Locally Contracted Personnel. This reference was used as the basis for the emergency preparedness presentation at the Foreign Service National Conference in El Salvador in August 2023, where Sara represented the M/CCS office and provided expert guidance.
- Supporting the tabletop exercise at a Summit in May 2023 to prepare staff on emergency procedures.
- Maintaining the COVID-19 Safety Plan and managing the case awareness system when cases are reported in the workplace.
- During the Eagle Horizon exercise in August 2023, Sara contributed to a number of communication products to prepare for the event. She shadowed the Deputy Administrator to capture her actions for the after-action report.
- Beginning in September 2023, Sara took on a leadership role in the M/CCS’ Communications, Policy, and Knowledge Management team.
The USAID Bureau for Management Critical Coordination Structure (M/CCS) Leadership
commented, “Sara cares deeply about her work and M/CCS’s goal and mission; she has demonstrated her leadership, expertise, and commitment to operational readiness communications through her work and actions.”
When Sara is not working, she enjoys building Lego castles with her sons, reading murder mysteries and fantasy novels, crochet and other crafts, and watching soccer.
The Cape Fox Tinàa Award for Employee Excellence highlights exceptional employees. They are the employees who deserve to be spotlighted for exceeding their job requirements, bringing an extra level of commitment, and showing the customer what a Cape Fox employee stands for. Sara’s leadership skills, innovation, creativity, and integrity make her an incomparable team player, and Eagle Health is delighted to have her on our team. Thank you, Sara!