Being a leader in communications can open the doors to new business, new ideas, and new policies to move a company forward. Eagle Health, LLC, a Cape Fox Corporation (CFC) subsidiary, is proud to employ leaders in healthcare, professional and administrative services, and communication and management. An Eagle Health employee recently stood out for her communication skills, creative and innovative ideas, and team spirit that has excelled in her work. Ileana Cortes Santiago was awarded a Cape Fox Tinàa Award for Employee Excellence for her contributions, hard work, and expert-level work. This award is bestowed upon employees who demonstrate dedication, performance, dependability, productivity, and attitude.
Ileana joined Eagle Health in January 2023 as a Senior Communications Specialist supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Management Critical Coordination Structure (M/CCS). Her duties include developing strategic communications for M/CCS engagement across the Agency, including overseeing planning for key milestones. She also drafts presentations, newsletters, notices, memoranda, talking points, and website content and coordinates communications with colleagues in Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) and other Bureaus and Independent Offices (B/IO).
Recently, Ileana stood out for the breadth of her communications portfolio for USAID’s Bureau for Management/Critical Coordination Structure (M/CCS). Ileana has worked to improve M/CCS’s branding and visibility, platforms, and strategic messaging. She has shown her high level of communication skills and collaboration as a team player. She has proven to be a senior expert respected and trusted by her colleagues. Some of her significant accomplishments during her tenure include:
- Designing a new, original M/CCS logo to expand our branded visibility across the Agency.
- Establishing a robust storytelling portfolio of blogs, articles, graphics, and videos focused on top technical priorities for the team.
- Creating a detailed team tracker/ticket mechanism to document requests and maintain accountability measures.
- Significantly improving existing publications to spotlight technical priorities, generate goal-centered content, track metrics, and performance indicators, and comply with USAID graphic and accessibility standards.
- Providing expert surge support to the Afghan Partner Relocation Task Force. Ileana went above and beyond to partner with the APRTF and Task Force Readiness Unit teams and a USAID/Afghanistan colleague to develop a new intranet page with branded banners, which she designed specifically for the task force; create templates for APRTF that ensured cohesive and professional branding across platforms and communications; and revise and publish a notice and follow up amplification messages to drive viewers to the new page.
The USAID Bureau for Management Critical Coordination Structure (M/CCS) Leadership Customer recently stated, “Ileana cares deeply about her work and M/CCS’s goal and mission; she has demonstrated her leadership, expertise, and commitment to operational readiness communications through her work and actions.”
When Ileana is not working, she enjoys visiting national, state, and local parks; volunteering for immigration and literacy-related community initiatives, watching classic horror movies, tasting locally-made ice cream; and traveling.
The Cape Fox Tinàa Award for Employee Excellence highlights exceptional employees. They are the employees who deserve to be spotlighted for exceeding their job requirements, bringing an extra level of commitment, and showing the customer what a Cape Fox employee stands for. Ileana’s creativity, dedication, and expertise in communication make her an incomparable team player, and Eagle Health is delighted to have her on our team. Thank you, Ileana!